Coming Into Canada

Coming Into Canada

The City of Edmonton and the WMA Local Organizing Committee are excited to host the World Master Athletics Indoor Championships in 2021. This page will help you identify the necessary travel documents required to enter into Canada. You will not need a student or a work permit to visit Canada for this event.

In general, most people need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada. You will not need both. There are also exceptions, some people may only need their valid passport.

Click here to answer a few questions to find out what document you will need to travel to Canada. 

The entry document you will need depends on:

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Visitor Visa

Apply for a visitor visa 

Basic Visitor Requirements

There are basic requirements you will need to meet to visit Canada:

  1. Complete name as it appears on your passport
  2. Date of birth
  3. Address and telephone number,
  4. Country
  5. Arrival date in Canada
  6. Departure date from Canada
  7. Name of the Hotel or residence where you are planning to stay in Canada
  8. How you are planning to pay for you expenses while in Canada

For additional information about the letter of invitation, please click here. 

Please send this information to Paola, our athlete liaison for entry into Canada. 

Processing Times

Most applications are processed in a few weeks or less. However, visa processing times depends on the visa officer and if you need to complete extra steps. Please apply well in advance. For additional information regarding processing times in your home country, please click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.



Our Partners